Ed Moore's, Di Napoli etc

I read somewhere that Ed Moore does not trade - I do not know if this is
true. Seems doubtfull that it offers value for money at even a fraction
of this price.

Joe Di Napoli says in his book that Ed is his best student. Depends what
you mean by student, notice he did not use the term trader.

This leads me to something else I was mulling over today.

After years of looking at lots of stuff on investing and trading I am
now very skeptical and suspicious about what people offer. What I have
noticed is that vendors (books, videos, courses etc) are readily willing
to endorse/provide testimonials for other vendors/industry names. Read
carefully the words they use eg. "valuable contribution" and so on
versus "x has been using this appproach to make x% with X drawdown for
the last x years".

The reason they do this is that they themselves may later need the
support and promotion push from other industry players eg. a slot on a
TV show maybe.

I spent a few years in marketing and learnt a lot about direct mail
techniques ie. testimonials, add on sales, post purchase reassurance
etc. Like trading you will find that a $50 book will provide more
content than a $500 course. Then again a $50 book sale does not support
as much marketing effort as a $500 course. If you want to know what
marketing techniques work read up on direct mail/marketing.

Newbies and not so newbies should always keep in the back of their mind
that it is all about cross promotion and spin. For example if Larry
Pesavento endorses Robert Miner's course, why not ring Pesaavento and
discuss it further with him. Maybe one could end up buying Pesavento's
stuuf too :)

I recently sent a comment to a well know industry figure who is now
going more public and he asked if he could use it in an ad. I said yes,
provided he quoted it in full(as it was only one sentence), with my full
name, city and country. Now why do you think I did that ?

Other people have written more extensively on what questions to ask
vendors - deja news search would dig some of them out.