Re: [Re: Help understand statment.]

Hi Ray,
       I learned the magic of the turtles concepts when I built a system for
the Currencies. First is the psych...The system has no idea where the market
is going only that several times a year they take a long time to get there and
there is real far. Then the other interesting part of it is adding on to the
winning trades. I like that. Then something for the nice guy in me, ....After
a significant profit move it does not reverse but only gets out. I do not want
to punish the market for giving me profits.

Mitch

owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Joe

> First off  I want to say that part of having an edge

> is "dumping".

> But if we are talking about an unrealistic dichotomy

> then I have to opt for the edge.

> I have interpreted your question this way:

> " Can I succeed if I have good trade management

> but no edge in my trading?"

> In other words, if I take 100 trades, I know I will lose

> but I am hoping trade management will turn a losing

> trading plan into a winning one. The answer for me

> is trade management can't do that.

> For me the role of trade management is to keep the

> losses down and to define the strategy for taking profits.

> If there is no edge, there are no profits to manage. In

> that situation keeping losses down will merely prolong our

> trading life not give us the success we desire.

> regards

> ray

> R Barros

> 101/25 Market Street

> Sydney NSW 2000

> Australia

> Voice:   61 2 92673470

> Fax:       61 2 92673478

> E-Mail:  rbarros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> ----------

> > From: Joe Balsamo <jbalsamo@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rbarros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Subject: Re: Help understand statment.

> > Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 2:38 AM

> > Question to Ray, or whomever chooses to answer...

> > Given the following two scenarios, and assuming that it is obvious that

> > the best of all possible worlds is to do BOTH...

> > If you had to choose only ONE scenario, exclusive of the other, which

> > would you choose?

> > 1) Prefer to have an "edge".

> >               -or-

> > 2) Dump the trade unless the market proves you right?

Mitch Ryder
Ynos@xxxxxxxxxxxx