From: "R.M." (reply to: mailbox@xxxxxxxxxx) [SMTP:mailbox@xxxxxxxxxx
(MIME) (actually from: owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)]
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 1998 7:50 AM
To: realtraders
Subject: Re: Real Y2K issue

Rt'ers,
       Forget the doom and gloom. In Europe they have a song "On the 30th
of May is the end of the world"
The result is they wake up on May 31 and everything is still ok. They
know
they have at least one more year to go....... Very practical........They
do
not worry about it in between.

Now on to Y2K.
There are 10-20 million devices with embedded chips that have a date
function.
Video camera's for example.
This chip controls the camera.
If your camera is under waranty then set it to 12/31/1999 and see what
happens.
If it is not under warranty set it to 10 or 20 years earlier.

If 20 million products become disfunctional that are not under warranty
will people replace them with new ones? What companies make these
products?

May the bird of paradise lay golden eggs in your lap.
RM