Re: Major Question?

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Major Question?
  • From: "T-BONkkkkkkk" <T-BONkkkkkkkkMSNkkkM>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:54:36 -0400 (EDT)

>BrentinUtahsDixie wrote:
>
>> Would you have the analysis Police come and arrest me if I use an
>> indicator? Can you say that no traders that use indicators have been
>> successful? That no complicated analysis works. Can't you say that this
is
>> your opinion or what seems to work for you? I have some indicators that I
>> love and that serve me well so you just wont convince me, but your free
>> try.
>>
>> Brent

For reasons best known to the cyberspace manager, I never got the orginal of
this post from Brent.   However, seeing it here in Essan's post, I thought I
would comment as follows:

Please, Brent, use any indicators you like.  Good luck to you.  No skin of
my nose, honest.   The reason I do not do the In My Humble Opinion bit, is
that I regard it as tortology.   If I am writing the wretched post, it is my
opinion!  I trade by closely watching the Price Action on the leading edge
of my screen - having first set up my chart with all the sup/res lines on
the left.  I use one tool, the Fibonacci retracement tool, to tell me
whether a trend will continue, go nowhere, or reverse.   What else can the
markets do?   They may send you up the wall, but they won't go there
themselves...

For me, there is no point using a lagging indicator when a real live
ultra-up-to-date indicator is supplied by the market makers as they "take
money from the public".  But you use what you want to and I have no axe to
grind about what you use - far less trying to convince you otherwise.   I
don't want to be free to try.   Why, what do I get out of it, for
Fibonacci's sake?

I would just like to get rid of the Don Fishback's of this world...  Now
there I do have an axe to grind!

All the best

Bill ykyn

All I felt worth saying was summed up in the words Price Action.  If you got
betta, good on ya!!