Re: CRASH !!!!! ...?????

I have several observations contrary to your post about the possibility
and the effect of a new paradigm for the economy.

I actually agree that recent Fed behavior has been beneficial, although
'perfect' seems a bit strong. On the other hand, I worry that the Fed is
like a policeman, good at dealing with 'petty crime', but inadequately
equipped for more extreme measures, eg war.

I disagree with your conclusion on the onset of the crash. In my
reading, it was a jump from equities to bonds in a global environment of
deflation that hit the world stock markets.

New technologies are not new: the telegraph, the telephone, the
railroad, the slide rule, the calculator, radio, television, the cathode
ray tube, the PC are all examples from the past. Crashes continued to
happen. Japan invested JIT inventory practices -- they crashed. Boeing
is one of the most technologically advanced companies -- they are
struggling to make the planes. GM is on strike, and may run out of cars.

IMHO, the continuation of the bull market in the US is due to the
problems in Asia. which have hindered the Fed's desire to raise interest
rates for domestic reasons. e run the risk of Asia getting their act
together quickly, leading to a 1929-like substitution effect out of US
assets (bands and stocks) and into Asian securities, driving interest
rates up and stocks down.

But what do I know...

DanG

It surprises me