DOW Boy Scout

I would like to throw out a question that I know no one has an answer
to, let alone thought of to ask.  That's an agressive in your face
stance!!!!

What would be good (I mean an increase in value) investments, stocks,
companies or otherwise, in a full-fledge Bear Market of major
porportions????

Are there any recorded sources that showed the Great Depression era
having Anybody making money.  Are debt collection agencies or lawyers
/firms specializing in bankruptcy a possibility???

I like to be mentally prepared for such eventualities.