Re:Timing the turns - Free how to

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group
  • Subject: Re:Timing the turns - Free how to
  • From: "charles meyer"
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:32:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi:

This is the website of Terry Laundry whose claim to fame is that
trading legend Marty Schwartz uses/used a variation of his
theory on an intra-day basis.  My feedback is mediocre--and
his track record for managing money is also nothing to shout
about.  I communicated with Terry at some length; asking very
pointed questions in an attempt to determine what Marty was
using.  I couldn't come to any conclusion.  To add to the confusion,
I think he has one approach for picking lows (the accumulation
formula) and one approach for picking highs(matched time trend
theory).  I'm not sure it is any better or worse than most stuff out
there.  I would certainly be interested in hearing from anyone who
has done any serious backtesting on this methodology?

Charles.