RE: trading sucks

> Welcome to the phenomenon known as "gunning the stops".
> Every trader on the floor knew where your stop was.  In the
> pit it only takes one seller to offer a one lot into the
> obvious stop areas to generate a flurry of bids from resting
> stop orders designed to protect short positions.

In the S&P pit?????  I find that hard to believe.  I'd guess that there
were a few traders on the floor at that instant who didn't even notice
the one-lot being offered.  I'd further suspect that one-lot offers both
preceded and followed Troy's stop order during the day without that same
effect taking place.  In fact, thinking about it, I can guarantee it.

I'd go along with this in some of the slower or thinner pits, but the
S&P?

Of course, IANAFT (I Am Not A Floor Trader), so I'm sure one of you nice
folks in that occupation will come forth to rightfully label me full of
crap if I am...

Sticks
--
Troutman, Defender of Sticks               troutman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx