</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Fri Jul 17 18:40:54 1998
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:31:19 -0500
Sender: owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: THE DOCTOR <droex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: OPT-Assignment

First there is no way possible that an option can be assigned "late in the day"     assignment occurs
prior to the opening for purposes of notification.

Why would someone exercise a call a point and half out of the money.

Either the stock is  somehow unavailable due to some tender or takeover situation and there is nothing
like that in the current US equity markets that would merit a OTM assignment or

The person who exercised the long call is moron.  Stupid exercise does occur occasionally, but any
good brokerage house would advise the customer against it.  Of course with the growth on internet
based trading fewer people get advice or

There is some huge piece of information missing from this story or

The whole thing is fiction.