Re: Bill Williams

Gwenn and RT,

Rumor mill says Bills working on a cash cow. :)

If you are interested in fractals, better to stick with the basics
of Chaos. Simply put, chaos represents "Stable" and "unstable"
states. 0 or 1.

Good Chaos indicators can be written using
ratios of converging data sets.  As an example, a ratio of long term
volatility vs. short term volatility can be created by the formula:

0.5 / (ShortTermVol / LongTermVol)

Where resultant values greater than " 1 " means a market that is
about to explode.

BobR posted his PFE indicator a while back. An excellent example
of use of a "fractal engine" in trading.

Walt Downs
CIS Trading

Gwenn wrote:

>Well this is not much of a surprise to me. I liked the book as well, but
upon
>testing the ideas, I never came close to anything profitable. Doing the
reverse
>was not a good idea either, so as for the rest, just let it go...
>
>Gwenn
>

>RJK126@xxxxxxx a écrit:
>
>> Some time ago I posted a message to this forum about a web site of Bill
>> Wiliams' that I had run into. At that occasion I mentioned that he was
posting
>> daily calls for a portfolio of commodities and stocks. After suffering
heavy
>> losses in the commodities he simply eliminated them from the portfolio
and
>> went on posting some positive results for the stocks. Bill Wiliams is a
CTA
>> and a trading system developer. Obviously this page has the objective to
>> attract new prospects to his business. Now how can you trust somebody
with
>> your money under these circumstances?? More yet. When I went back to
check his
>> page today (15/7/98) to see how the Stock portfolio was doing there was a
>> message there saying that the postings had been discontinued temporaryly
>> because (Watch this) THE MARKETS ARE IN A VERY CHOPPY WAVE 4 FORMATION.
Can