Re: standard deviations

A third book is "Stock Market Probability" by Joseph Murphy.  Subtitle is
Using Statistics to Predict and Optimize Investment Outcomes.

BobR

In a message dated 98-07-15 11:08:34 EDT, timaratz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Subj:	 Re: standard deviations
 Date:	98-07-15 11:08:34 EDT
 From:	timaratz@xxxxxxxxx (Peter Timaratz)
 Sender:	owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Reply-to:	timaratz@xxxxxxxxx
 To:	realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (RealTraders Discussion Group)

 I won't attempt to explain what a standard deviation is but I will say that
 I think it is important for a trader to have an understanding of basic
 statistics. That doesn't mean you should use it but you should understand
 the principles.

 Two good books available at most libraries are 'How to Think About
 Statistics' by John Phillip and 'Statistics Without Tears' by Derek
 Rowntree.