Re: leading/lagging indicators

I don't agree that "nothing predicts" or "nothing forecasts" After all, we
all do that every day. We use previous information to create a model
(informal "gut feeling" decisions or formal system) to guide our actions.

I do, however, have problems using the word "leading" with any indicator.
That implies the indicator itself has some power over the market. Maybe
there is a 'self-fulfilling prophecy' if a lot of people see the same
moving average crossover, for example, but this effect would be short-lived

In the end, you're right that supply and demand fix prices. And I've never
heard of an indicator engaging in this activity. ("Hey Fred, Stochastics
just placed an order to sell 100 wheat contracts!". Nope, don't think so)

-RB