Re: FW: OmniTrader

I am just starting to trade and I bought Omnitrader some months ago and have
been paper trading futures for some time now. I must say that it is sometimes
difficult to rationalise some of Omnitraders "votes" in terms of the
underlying action in the markets, even using the short term aggressive trading
model. One thing in favour of Omnitrader is that it isnt a "black box"; the
systems used to arrive at the overall vote are detailed and the various
backtest hit rates are given although the weightings do not appear to be given
in the arrival at the final vote. The system is customisable to some extent.

I use TBSP for data retreival and they have technical analysis features which
I some times use for more basic analysis(MA's; RSI etc) which are dispalyed
separately and not combined as they are in the Omnitrader suite

I dont know Tradestation but I have to admit that I am sceptical that there is
a direct relationship between the cash you spend on a system and your success
as a trader; as a beginning novice I believe I have learned that much. It may
be better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.

Regards

Bob Jones