Re: FW: OmniTrader

Neal Hughes wrote:

> OmniTrader uses optimization of multiple trading systems
> (100 or so) to help you find the best mechanical systems for
> any particular chart, and to find charts where multiple
> mechanical systems (optimized) are firing trading signals
> simultaneously. You should not expect to trade these signals
> blindly, this is what causes people to feel ripped off, they
> buy the system and then find that trading the signals
> blindly does not make them rich..

I have been involved in futures in a small way for about 2 1/2 years.  I
am still very much in the searching-for-a-method stage.  Would
Omnitrader be useful to learn what indicators are more valuable than
others?  While it does seems as a system it might be an optimized
monster, i was wondering if you ran backtests on some rather long
continuous contracts, if it would show which indicators tend to work and
which (even if popular) dont'.  Then you could concentrate on using the
"good" ones in your own system.  Any thoughts?

I have found Babcock's book on systems and Le Beau/Lucan's book to be
along these lines and interesting.  Babcock's book in particular tested
a number of indicator/strategies.
I have Tradestation; so would OmniTrader be redundant, or would its
automation (testing many many systems at once) be worth the cost, to
learn about what indicators work and which don't.