Re: leading/lagging indicators

At 02:11 AM 7/12/98 EDT, JamesinLA@xxxxxxx wrote:

><< > I need a little help from you. I´m running constantly in problems when
> >  trying to decide which indicators are leading and which are lagging.
Could
> >  you please just list some, so I get a clearer picture of leading and
> >  lagging (I guess I´m lagging on this)
>
> If you are talking about indicators based on price data, then they are all
> lagging. >>
>
>I disagree.  I believe Momentum and ROC are leading.  right?
>Jim

Jim, the way I see it...

Momentum and ROC reflect recent price action, after
that action has taken place. ROC increases after price
moves faster, and decreases after price stalls.

Moving averages, MACD, and Stochastic do the same.

They are therefore lagging.

-Neal.

---
DiNapoli Fibonacci techniques -