SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT (Free Lesson From the U of H)

I would like to take the time to share a very expensive lesson I have
learned
from the old U of H....University Of Hard Knocks.  The price or cost to
anyone
on the forum who can accept this intellectually and emotionally is free.
Plus,
I get to vent my frustration.

When I began the quest on the the subject of this post, I was told by
someone
very experienced that I would have to 'climb a learning curve'.
Unfortunately,
the individual didn't take the time or attention to describe exactly how
much
time and money was involved in 'climbing a learning curve'.  The fact is
that it
is VERY time consuming and VERY expensive; when expense is measured
in lost time and opportunities.  Add to this the work involved in becoming
com-
puter and software proficient.    The second aspect of this thread is that,
for
me at least, and it is probably true for most; that it is almost impossible
both successfully trade and simultaneously work at system development.  I'm
not sure if I can even explain why it is so difficult to try and accomplish
both
tasks at the same time.  The point of this is that I would have been better
off
had I turned over the responsibility of managing my money to a professional
money manager.  I would have made money by doing NOTHING.  During this
bull run the buy and hold crowd has made the most by doing the least; and
in hindsight I wish I were in their camp.  Of course we all know that will,
some
day at least; change dramatically.   On the positive side, only I can
minimize
the extent of the explerience gained from the cost of this lesson and the
time
spent 'climbing the learning curve'

Best wishes,
Charles.