Re: AOL as Internet Provider

AMPWood@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use LeoWeb and ITrade on AOL. Both systems go inactive and I have to restart
> them about a dozen times per day. I have software that prevents AOL shuting
> down over a certain period of non use.Does anyone have a similiar problem.I
> daytrade the S&P and having eveything to shut down can be a real problem.BY
> the way, I seem to have my best  profit days when I only look at price action
> and the time of day.No indicators or syt signals.
>
> Can anyone suggest another internet provider which would prevent  the shut
> down problem ?
>

>         Hi Dennis,

            I to started out on AOL, after all they provided me with free floppy
disks for years, disk of the week club {;-)   However for serious work you need to
switch to another provider.  I use Bell Atlantic, my local phone company, but
there are many good ones.  If you select a local provider ask how many modems they
have and what the ratio of modems to subscriber is.  Also, make sure there modems
are the same speed or faster than yours.  If you have a 56.6k and there's are 28.8
you will only be able to connect at the slower speed.

            A tip, if you are using Netscape you can change the time interval it
checks for mail.  Reducing this to 5 or 10 minuets sends a signal to the ISP which
tricks it into thinking you are active and will help to keep you on line.  The
setting is under click "edit", then "preferences".  Each version is a little
different so you will have to look around to find the setting.  You may be able to
do this with MS Internet Explorer also but I'm not sure.                    Good
luck and good trading.
                                            Ray Raffurty