Re: leading/lagging indicators

Ulrich,

To my thinking any indicator that suggests where prices may go in the
future would be a leading indicator. As stated all indicators derived from
price are lagging as is price itself to any but participating floor traders
involved in price discovery(I don't know about the new non-open outcry
exchanges.). An example is the RSI being over bought. It is suggesting
prices will go down(it's notoriously inaccurate though). Retracement levels
and even support and resistance may suggest where price may go.

Best Regards,

Brent

> From: bullcom <bullcom@xxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: leading/lagging indicators
> Date: Monday, July 06, 1998 2:23 AM
>
> Good morning Rt´s ,
>
> I need a little help from you. I´m running constantly in problems when
> trying to decide which indicators are leading and which are lagging.
Could