GEN: "Y2K"

I just realized something yesterday when I received Worden Brother's TC2000
ver. 4.0 in the mail - something so monumental that it surprised me that it
hasn't yet been addressed in this forum.  How will the "Year 2000 Problem"
(Y2K) effect the data that you and I download and use everyday?  Real time
data as well as end-of day.  I would guess that all the data we were receiving
one year ago will not function 18 months from now.  How many companies have
"fixed" the problem, I do not know, but I see that Worden Brother's solution
is enough to make me search for another vendor.

I have been receiving 1400 stocks, indexes and mutual funds from Worden
Brothers and have been very satisfied with their product.  I receive their
data but do all my analysis in SuperCharts.  Their data has been costing me
$0.99 per day (plus $0.39 when you add an additional stock).

Version 4.0, which I assume fixes Y2K  ( they forgot to mention this in their
ad or in their liturature best ) for starters costs $2.49 a day (somewhat
surpassing our 3% inflation rate).  BUT it doesn't have any mutual funds
("yet"). So they suggest temporarily you use version 4.0 for stocks and 3.0
for mutual funds (yea right!).    In their defense I will say that some
fundamental data is included on each stock which you didn't get in ver. 3.0.

But thats not all.  The real kicker is that they have no agreement yet with
OmegaResearch to have SuperCharts read their new data format.  So until they
deal with OmegaResearch, I can't use their new data in SuperCharts.

So I feel like I'm holding a time bomb that will explode in 18 months.  Of
course everything will work out, but it may be in OmegaResearch's interest not
to read Worden's data so they can promote their current recommended vendor
which may be Dial Data ... and I haven't heard such nice things about them.

Anyone who's researched other data sources, both real-time and EOD, and how
Y2K will effect them, please post.

Best Regards,

Jerry Rehert  (grehert@xxxxxxx)
Atlanta, GA