Re: MONEY MANAGERS?

Dennis L. Conn wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> NEVER trust ANYONE ELSE to handle your money! If you're not sure what to do
> with it, then take whatever time is necessary and LEARN! I don't know if
> you're actually acquainted with any of those "savvy traders" you mentioned,
> but I have a hard time imagining such a person allowing any portion of
> their account(s) to be 'managed' by someone else. The only people who've
> ever offered me that advice also earn commissions for setting up such plans
> - every other source of information I've found has urged the opposite. But
> if you find someone who comes highly recom-mended by their longterm
> clients, let us know; you should receive an award for discovering a new
> species!
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Dennis C.
> dconn@xxxxxxxxx
>
> ----------
> > From: charles meyer <chmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
> > To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: GEN:  MONEY MANAGERS?
> > Date: Friday, June 26, 1998 4:26 PM
> >
> > It is not uncommon for even very savy traders to diversify and let other
> > money managers handle a portion of their portfolios.  My position on this
> > is that unless a money manager can deliver both consistent and superior
> > returns--clients are working for the money manager and not the other way
> > around.  Stated another way, it's a better deal for them than it is for
> the
> > clients--and at no risk.  I came to this conclusion after a slightly
> > negative
> > experience with a couple of managers.  (Lost very little--didn't make
> > money)
> > I would be grateful if anyone could share with me who they use?  Has any-
> > one found a good manager through the use of "Nelson's"?  We all know
> > the vast majority of track records are mediocre so the search is
> > difficult--
> > along with insuring they stay on target.  Thanks for the favor of and
> > replies
> > and feedback.
> >
> > Charles.
WOW! How many trillions of dollars are invested in mutaul funds...all
managed by someone else? I don't think I can share your opinions. If we
as a society would let no one do anything for us, then the free
enetrproses system would fail to exists. It is when value is added that
the greatest economic cystem in the world works...be it managing money,
preparing taxes, fixing autos, providing internet access...performing
surgery etc.

Granted you must be cautious but if you can find someone that can do
something better than you, hire him/her. Henry Ford built an emoire by
surrounding himslef with people more qualified than he...but I am sure
he did his homework..like we all must if hring a money manager. Not just
throw caution to the wind.

I guess I would like to say that in order to get great results, you must
think positive.

What do you see in this?

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE

Now here...or no where