Re: please read & foward to EMail friends:

hi this sounds like the same letter.......i found this on the american cancer
society site..rich t

          The American Cancer Society is greatly disturbed by reports of a
fraudulent chain letter
          circulating on the internet which lists the American Cancer Society
as a "corporate sponsor" but
          which has in no way been endorsed by the American Cancer Society.
There are several
          variations of this letter in circulation, including one which has a
picture of "Tickle Me Elmo" and
          one that is essentially a paraphrase of the letter below.

          The text of the original message reads as follows:

          LITTLE JESSICA MYDEK IS SEVEN YEARS OLD AND IS SUFFERING FROM AN
ACUTE AND VERY
          RARE CASE OF CEREBRAL CARCINOMA. THIS CONDITION CAUSES SEVERE
MALIGNANT BRAIN
          TUMORS AND IS A TERMINAL ILLNESS. THE DOCTORS HAVE GIVEN HER SIX
MONTHS TO LIVE.

          AS PART OF HER DYING WISH, SHE WANTED TO START A CHAIN LETTER TO
INFORM PEOPLE
          OF THIS CONDITION AND TO SEND PEOPLE THE MESSAGE TO LIVE LIFE TO THE
FULLEST AND
          ENJOY EVERY MOMENT, A CHANCE THAT SHE WILL NEVER HAVE. FURTHERMORE,
THE
          AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY AND SEVERAL CORPORATE SPONSORS HAVE AGREED
          DONATE THREE CENTS TOWARD CONTINUING CANCER RESEARCH FOR EVERY NEW
PERSON
          THAT GETS FORWARDED THIS MESSAGE. PLEASE GIVE JESSICA AND ALL CANCER
VICTIMS A
          CHANCE.

          IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS, SEND THEM TO THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
AT
          ACS@xxxxxxx

          As far as the American Cancer Society can determine, the story of
Jessica Mydek is completely
          unsubstantiated. No fundraising efforts are being made by the
American Cancer Society using
          chain letters of any kind. Furthermore, the email address
ACS@xxxxxxx is inactive. Any messages
          to the American Cancer Society should be instead sent through the
American Cancer Society website at
          http://www.cancer.org.

          This particular chain letter with its heartbreaking story appears to
have struck an emotional chord with
          online users. Although we are very concerned that the American
Cancer Society's name has been used to
          manipulate the online public, we applaud the good intentions of all
who participated in this letter. We are
          pleased to note that there are so many caring individuals out there
and hope that they will find another
          way to support cancer research. Jessica Mydek's story, whether true
or false, is representative of that of
          many cancer patients who benefit daily from the efforts of
legitimate cancer organizations nationwide.