Re: Japan

Following my earlier message I read an article on reuters suggesting that
Fin Minst. Matsunaga has said that no specific solutions for the bad debt
problem will be forthcoming until the Upper House elections are concluded
sometime in mid-July. - Not what the markets want to hear.

The one possible positive on the horizon is an article in the Asahi Shinbun
speculating that LTCB may be in merger talks with DKB.  Definately a
positive for LTCB, a bit of a negative for DKB but I think +ve on the whole
for the banking system.

I guess the markets will cast their vote on weekend talks when the markets
open in the far east in about 3-4 hours.

E.