FX.

Began building US$ longs this morning.  Technically, the US$ Index is
resting on rising trendline support on daily's, weekly's and monthly's;
both spot and future. Fundamentally, I don't think we have or will see a
shift from the Rubin/Greenspan rhetoric of favouring a strong dollar as
the days, weeks progress. My timeframes tend to be more longer term and
hence with wider stops,  so I can stomach some knee-jerk reaction on
Monday to whatever may transpire from the Far-East during the weekend.
My instrument of choice ahead of the weekend is the $index as it
currently acts as a kind of de-leveraged view on the yen.

Stating the obvious - this week will be an outside bar reversal on the
weekly's. My models now imply that this correction should take us down
to the 128-132 area.  I have orders in for Sunday nights Asia open to
buy, scaling down, from 132.  Just in case.

C$.  I agree with Richard Chevovin that the market is targetting higher
levels.   BoC must be concerned that the C$ did not recover even in the
face of a recovering yen and aud.  Short term I am targetting 1.48 and
then perhaps 1.50 as Richard describes.

E.

ps.  Bonds I think have put in an impressive performance today, rallying
back to unch'ed (as I type) from earlier losses, even in face of
stronger currencies.