RE: System development in Excel

Don't do it!
You may end up making a rod for your own back.  Use a real database
language (for single users something like MS Access is ideal) instead.
 It's almost as easy to use and because you don't have to program around
the limitations of spreadsheets you will have much greater flexibility
later on to change things or try new ideas.  Excel looks like you can
create good results quickly but later on you realise you've created a
spider web which is just too hard to manage.
Harold
Can you justify your argument please?

What's wrong with using Excel 97 and VBA to create systems and test them?
I'd much rather use Excel over Access to create systems (I am a
professional Access programmer...) as Excel has much wider range of maths
functions and it is much easier to 'look back' over data.  Try writing a
cumulative sum function in SQL!