Re: GEN: Zero Sum Game

a big chunk of the futures mkt is the bond futures and that is not a zero sum
game.....
one of the ways people hedge their government, corporate and mortgage backed bonds
is with bond/int rate futures............if a corporate bond  trader wants to
maintain a position of 100 million corp bonds(inventory) while reducing the
interest fluctuation(risk),
he/she will short an equivalent amount of bond futures............
this will give him a net -0-.......but the futures area/exchange will
ie....t-bond futures move 3 points up(limit), this shows a gain of $3 million for
the people on the other side of the short(assuminmg a short of 100
million$.......BUT the corporate trader is hedged and his position is net
the point if this is that everyone in the futures is not just trading there.