Re: STOCK shorting

I got an idea about shorting stocks.

I was at an intro meeting of one of those SOES Bandits companies here in
atlanta and they said they get around the uptick rule by hedging, i.e. going
long and short the same stock in two different accounts.  With Brown & Co ($5
market order commissions) this would be rather easy.  I figure if I went long
and short on the OPEN (NYSE) I'd probably get the same price and two $5
comissions.  Then to short I'd just sell my LONG.

Question #1.)  Would I get the same price on the OPEN?
Question #2.)  Is this Kosher?