Re: STOCK shorting troubles

In a message dated 98-06-02 11:00:59 EDT, meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have never heard of a cue for shorting stocks. The real problem might
>  be borrowing the stock to short at that time. Here is how the rule works
>  for shorting stocks. You can only short on an up tick. So let's say you
>  get an up tick so you place an order to sell short 100 shares. But let's
>  say at the same time another trader also shorts 100 shares of the same
>  stock.

There is only a cue in the sense of the lineup of the orders.   If you place
an order to sell a 100 shares and there are several orders ahead of you, you
have to wait until the other orders are executed before they can do yours.
All the rules applying of course. Additionally if your order is next and there
is an uptick, and then a regular sale is offered it takes precedance and if
the sale causes a downtick, you wait somemore.  Its tough, compared to
futures.