Re: Re;S&P/Hotlines Etc...

In a message dated 98-05-30 17:33:20 EDT, comfut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tom) writes:

<< This does NOTHING to help anyone become a better trader.....there was no
 educational information regarding the why??? how??? of the trade.........

 There are some who just want someone else to tell them what to do....there
 are plenty of people out there who make a nice living from doing just
 that.......My opinion is that, unless these people educate you to their
methods....they are of no benefit...... >>
Tom & Pete:
I believe everything may depend on your perspective.  As a daytrader of the
S&P, if I knew that the next day would be an up or down day, it would make a
Major effect on my trading and I would not have to know how or why.  Why
should anyone be obligated to teach you anything.  Will you and Pete teach us
everything you know about trading in order to post on this list?

In fact, I believe knowing the how or why of something is OVER rated in our
society.  Most people prefer not to know how or why EVERYTHING in their daily
lives work, they just want to use electricity, a bicycle, a car, train, bus,
TV, computer, a plane, a microwave oven etc.  If you could only use these
things after passing a test, your whole life could be consumed with studying
and taking tests.  However, I will concede that a general understanding of
what a car is supposed to do  can be very informative and comforting.

The key element to me is not that the infomation comes with no teaching, the
key is whether it is accurate a high percentage of the time.  I believe this
is the real subject ... that the people doing this are NOT correct at a high
enough percentage to positively effect your trading.  That is a concern for
all of us.  However, if you are really saying that you will not use anything
unless you are taught how it works, then I must respectively disagree.  Just
my opinion.
Lynn