Re: Trading for a Living / paper trading.

narayan c.k. wrote:

>   Assuming we did all this and we become fairly successful when do we
> start following one of Gann's rules - quit the market for a while after
> a series of successful trades ? The policy I follow has been to quit
> when I hit the first loss making series of trades after a long string of
> success. Any better ways ?

I know traders who use this sort of thing quite successfully.  It's better
that you wait for a loser to take a break - but - I really wonder about this
rule in general.  I suppose this would depend a lot on how your wins and
losses tend to occur together.  One way to tell though would be to go
through your trades looking to maximize net through tinkering with the
distribution.  You'd need a fairly large sample to get a good feel for this
- but - it may be that patterns can show themselves fairly easily.  The
other part of the equation would be when to start trading again, and this
should give you clues as well about this.

Regards,
A.J.