MKT Re: Elliott Wave

<<(THIS ONE IS MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE):  There SHOULDN'T be any x's
involve in the counting of corrective waves, except with certain type of
triangles and wedge where a-b-c-d-e is a perfectly valid counts for these
type of patterns.  Personally, the inclusion of x's in corrective waves
basically means one really doesn't know what the heck is going on of a
particular market anymore.  IOWs, one has loss his/her perspective already.>>

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the idea of X waves.  They are usually
interchangeable with the wave charateristics of a B wave, but there is a need
for them.  If you have two ABCs with another corrective wave in the middle,
I'd class the middle wave as an X wave.  You could drop in the label B wave,
and it would make any difference. You'd be left with a big ABC, same thing.
Where you'll run into trouble though is if the correction continues to run.
Multiple corrective wave are not uncommon. If the second X wave or third abc
vary much in price levels, you'll have trouble bending it to fit the
definition of a five wave triangle.  All I'm suggesting is that it is a
necessary wave configuration at times.  There is some addional reference to X
waves, and the present Elliott Count possibility at the web site listed below,
if you are interested.

Peter ...........   http://tiger.golden.net/laird/Comment.htm