Re: Volitility and VIX

Hi TC,
	I am in the process of reconstructing VIX data for the last 10 to 15 years
so we also can do more detailed backtesting of ideas.  When we have
completed that project I would be more then happy to e-mail you the data to
help further you research.  Your Profit Factor is very inpressive.  We have
been working on a system that utilized Dynamic Zones with a modified RSI
that looks promising and a VIX Range contraction system. After further
testing I will e-mail you are results and entry/exit rules.
	Thanks:)

At 10:27 AM 5/20/98 -0500, ResearchDepartment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>While this is not meant as a tease or a solicitation by any means.  I wish
to let you have a glimpse
>of a proprietary trading system that we tested for a client who wishes to
remain anonymous.  The
>point of the post is to assure you there is something to the VIX and don't
give up. We just wish we
>had more data on the VIX to test it back further than 94.
>

>  NDR_SP500$VIX  SPPERP.CSV-60 min   04/11/94 - 05/12/98
>
> Performance Summary:  All Trades
>
>Total net profit $ 178205.00             Open position P/L $   1920.00
>Gross profit     $ 222062.50             Gross loss       $ -43857.50
>
>Total # of trades       38                     Percent profitable       61%
>Number winning trades       23           Number losing trades       15
>
>Largest winning trade $  38872.50     Largest losing trade $  -9025.00
>Average winning trade $   9654.89    Average losing trade $  -2923.83
>Ratio avg win/avg loss        3.30        Avg trade(win & loss) $   4689.61
>
>Max consec. winners        4               Max consec. losers        2
>Avg # bars in winners      194            Avg # bars in losers      106
>
>Max intraday drawdown $ -12875.00
>Profit factor           5.06                     Max # contracts held
  1
>Account size required $  12875.00     Return on account     1384%
>

>--
>  TC

Bruce Harrison
<mailto://trader@xxxxxxxxxx>