Re: Starting....

At 08:43 AM 5/21/98 +0100, Jonathan Stewart Dempster wrote:
>In U.k.  tend to start trading, futures, initial cap. 7,000 -10,000  u.s.
>and monthly injection of, 750 - 1000  u.s.
>anyone  have any advice on whether, to day trade, look longer term.
>Sutitable markets, for limited intial capital ie.. mini s and p 500 ?

You should take your monthly infusions and save them until you have at
least $25,000 to trade.  Your chance of success with such a small account
is virtually nil.  Even with a winning methodology, the % risk on your
account per trade will almost guarentee your failure.  Try flipping a coin
starting with $100 paying 6-5 for heads but risking 30% per flip.  This is
a nice illustration of what risking too much does to a winning proposition.
 If you don't know what markets to trade, my guess is you are eons away
from a winning methodology.

sb