Re: CFTC decision on technical analysis

The honorable judge may have missed some of the latest in academia.

Robert A. Haugen wrote a book on this stuff titled: "The New Finance;  The Case
Against Efficient Markets." , Prentice Hall 1995.

It is required reading for the Chartered Financial Analysts Exam.

Robert Haugen is Professor of Finance at The University of California, Irvine.
His unimpeachable credentials have made several in academia finally begin to pay
attention.

I think anyone who hasn't looked at the whole theory of Efficient markets
including necessary yet farcical assumptions (Assume that "somehow the prices  of
ALL [securities] reflected everything that was knowable and relevant about them"
etc.) has not earned the right to use it in judgement of others actions.

I am in no way defending RW.  They are guilty of something in my opinion.  They
lied and they misrepresented.  But the judge should have known better.  He might
have given ammunition for a good appeal.

Richard Garvis

--

Look at yourself!  How much more apparent does it have to become until you
finally begin to accept it!