Re: Atomic Clock

In a message dated 98-05-13 22:08:42 EDT, gphx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Richard Chehovin wrote:
>
>  >I just came across a program that might be of interest to some of >you.
>  It sets your computer clock to the exact time of the Atomic >Clock
>  Server in Boulder, Colorado.
>
>       Just a warning of a potential problem. I was using similar software
>  once and my technical analysis software stopped working a few days
>  later. Somehow the software (different from that cited by Richard) reset
>  the year, and thus my system time to 2000. Just wanted everyone to watch
>  out for this problem, as it can be extremely baffling. I am again using
>  similar software and have experienced no further problems.

I use a program called Timeset to call the atomic clock and it has worked
flawlessly.   In conjunction with it there is another program called
Righttime, which works looks at each clock setting and learns the clock drift
from the error, and corrects it.  Slick stuff, but.... when I put it on my
computer that runs tradestation, I started having minor problems every couple
of days.  The server would mysteriously go away.  Finally had a fatal crash,
and had to do a complete re installation.  Did this twice and finally figured
out the problem.   Now I run the time stuff on the second computer and
manually set the clock on my tradestation computer.   What fun.

           Pete