S&P 500 System Update #3

To Lists:

Back testing of this system continues hypothetically and now in real time.Thanks to suggestions by Randall and several others I am testing some time periods where S&P systems have fared poorly.June to Sept of '96 and '97 as well as Jan '98 were mentioned.So far I have done June 13,'97 to June 30,'97.

Wins--4 for $17,500

Loss--7 for $11,800

Profit------$ 5,700

The signal for tomorrow 5/13/98 is 1115.92.If the market opens above this number buy 1 contract at the open.Stop loss is 800 points below point of entry.Sell M.O.C.

If the market opens below this number sell 1 contract at the open.Stop loss 800 points above point of entry.Buy M.O.C.

I am not suggesting you trade these signals.

Interesting facts:
1.So far in testing and real time 90% of the time there is an intraday profit.I have declined to take this since it violates my concept of following a system and I am not ready to trade 2 contracts.

2.We were stopped out today.In testing the most consecutive losses were 3.We are at 2 now.I am making up my mind whether to do a full S&P the next 2 days vs the mini.

3.I believe a correct statistical study would be 100 trades.I am now at 60.

Thanks for helpful input,John See PS
P.S. to Randall and a couple of others who asked about my other trading profitability.Here is the perspective---Last year I put $70,000 in Master Suite in April and $240,000 more in Aug-total $310,00.I ended the year with a $170,000 Master Suite profit less $20,000 costs and losses with other system teting.

This year I was up as much as $160,000 in the first quarter and am holding steady at $35,000 at this point.I hate the pain but I also have 10 years of data whereby recovery from sub-par quarters has been impressive.My other trading systems are profitable but not as significant in dollars yet because less money is allocated at this time.