Orders: The floor and the customer

A good floor broker is often  a robot that does exactly what you tell it to do. Exactly what is written on the order ticket they are given.

But to all  traders, especially the newer ones, can you answer these questions?

When do you use an "ob" order? Should you?
How long does the broker have to fill your order once it is given?
How long does the desk have to tell me my order was cancelled?
When does the clock start ticking on a market order?
What exactly is time and sales?
Are you entitled to an official copy of such?
What does it mean my trade was deleted?
What does it mean "it must tick through my limit order"?
Why did my broker not fill me in a "fast market" ?
What does broker" not held" mean?
What are the key times when my broker does not have to fill my limit orders.
How do I best evaluate my floor brokers performance?
Does the floor have to accept my order?
Can I switch floor brokers?
Is it possible to talk directly to the order filler?