Re: Cable Protection

>From what I understood the the bandwidth is 512K(I may be wrong on the
512K) versus 56 K, but it is devided between 500 homes. Depending on how
many people are on in those homes, the performance may vary.
Is there anyone who knows the bandwith for sure?
----------
From: Richard Chehovin <GalacticFXInternational@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cable Protection
Date: Sunday, May 03, 1998 6:18 AM

Good Morning RTer's:

Great points made on protection devices. I am looking at going through my
cable company for internet access. The appeal is their speed, the
equivalent of a T-1 line, 100 times faster than an ISDN, all for the low
price of $39.95 a month plus $150.00 for a card and modem.
I realize that these figure are probably based on optimum conditions, but
so what, even half that would be fantastic. I talked to them about
grounding protection and they said most local electrical codes require them
to do that anyways. Here is an interesting point. A gentlemen who is a
engineer for the cable company, that I personally know, said if he would do
it, he would install another device to maximize protection.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Chehovin