Re: PC Anywhere or Internet Feed

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tillemans <dlt7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 1998 4:13 PM
Subject: GEN: PC Anywhere or Internet Feed

>Traders,
>
>I need real time data at the office too. I have a trading station at home
>and use DTN satellite feed there.   I am contemplating the use of PC
>Anywhere (software that allows my office computer to connect to my home
>computer on a phone line, modem to modem, $130 one time cost for the
>software).  The other alternative is  to use the internet for real time
>data at the office  (Interquote,  $70 + exchange fees monthly.)  I have a
>direct ethernet connection to the internet at the office.
>
>Anyone using PC Anywhere software to do this type of thing?
>Comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
>Dan Tillemans

Hi;
I've used PC-Remote - a similar program to PC Anywhere that comes
with ProComm from QuarterDeck to operate a 200 Mhz machine from
a 120 Mhz Laptop via 28.8 modems. This would display either Metastock
or Signal quite well.  I've not tried it, but it is supposed to work beween
two
machines connect to  the Internet also, as opposed to modems over a
dial-up phone.

Ted