Re: True Range Volatility Breakout

Paul:

I'm using an off the shelf product called TRABOS, and just like any other
system, in some markets you can't lose, but in others you get destroyed.
Plus ca change....

The trick seems to be picking the markets that seem to model the system
best, and stay away from those that don't. Some markets have been a dream
to trade, and then a couple of the grain markets almost destroyed me.

Identifying and getting out of the "false breakouts" fast also seems to be
a necessary acquired skill that's cost me a lot of money to learn.

I'm learning that the problem with "system" trading you have to somehow
learn when to pay attention to the system and when to ignore it and listen
to common sense. The trouble with being a "newbie" is you don't know when
the system is running you over a cliff.

I got the feeling TRABOS is a rather "oldie but goodie" type of system..
i.e.
"cave-man" type of trading. Lot's of grunt work, and no heroics.

What are your questions? What system are you actually trading? Are you
evaluating it or are you actually trading with it? Is it a system you
bought off of the shelf from
someone else? Whose? Or did you design it yourself?

I am a total newbie to trading, (actually trading one month) and I'd also
like to talk to anyone else who's either has traded with such a system or
is still trading such a system today.

If you're trading a similar system I would like to hear from you. How long
you've been actually trading? What system you're using? what markets you're

trading? how you're doing? Keep in touch!

Tony