Re: Indigo Anyone?

<x-html><HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Unfortunately, I do own their entire software line.&nbsp; My boss (high-net
worth individual) got hooked on the advertisements and bought $10,000 worth
of software.&nbsp; It was my job to confirm their results.&nbsp; I even
went down to Sarasota to meet and talk with the Microstar staff.&nbsp;
Here is what I learned:

<P>1. They have no research department.&nbsp; They paid some professor
to write the code, but he doesn't work for the company now.&nbsp; I asked
them exactly how their relative strength model worked, and they could not
answer me.&nbsp; Not because it was proprietary, but because they didn't
know.&nbsp; How can you sell systems when you don't even know how they
work?&nbsp; I was disgusted.

<P>2. Many of their advertisements quote performance statistics that are
unrealistic in their assumptions.&nbsp; Here I am talking about commissions
and slippage (especially on their futures packages).&nbsp; Their relative
strength models suffer from selection bias.&nbsp; Anyone can build a model
that makes 50% a year over the past 10 years if you only switch between
Intel, Microsoft, GE, Dell, and Compaq.&nbsp; Now, I am exaggerating, but
you get the idea.

<P>The only system I have found to have merit is the MIRAT Stock Market
Timing System.&nbsp; They didn't even develop it--they got it from Tools
for Timing.

<P>My advice to everyone is to do the homework for yourself--if it sounds
too good to be true, it probably is.&nbsp; They do not have a return policy,
and the software is not cheap.&nbsp; Ask lots of questions.

<P>Bill Bancroft

<P>MR Associates International wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Just received
a postcard advertisement from Microstar Research &amp; Trading Co. featuring
their INDIGO softare package.&nbsp; Anyone have experience with Indigo?</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Thanks!</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Mike
R</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>