Re: Newbie Needs Help With WinBeep, TS, & Alpha-Numeric Off-Site Rig

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Newbie Needs Help With WinBeep, TS, & Alpha-Numeric Off-Site Rig
  • From: "Ted Juszczak" <tedj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:28:32 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Parker <tgparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 1998 11:39 PM

>I'll be going back to work in a coupla weeks, and I'm trying to
>develop a methodology of monitoring my trades during the day
>without interfereing with my work-day.
>
>I'm a computer consultant by trade, so my bringing a laptop to
>work is no problem, however I don't think lashing up a live RT
>data feed "on the job", is such a smart idea.
>
>I'm tending to favor bringing an alpha-numeric pager to work with
>me and programming signals from TS via Win-Beep on my home-based
>desktop and RT data-feed.
>
>Is anyone else out there doing similar off-site monitoring of
>their markets while working using Win-Beep, TS, & an
>Alpha-Numeric Pager?
>
>I'd like to hear your comments and experiences.

I've been using the latest Signal 4.0 (beta) to send an alert to my
AN pager via the internet.  It emails a message to a recipient that
you specify which can be an epage service.  I use Arch Communications
which will then forward the message to my pager.

I'm working on visual basic code for Excel that would do the same thing
with more bells and whistles. Excel gets the data via a DDE link then
loops to check for conditions such as stops or targets ( including spreads)
or theoretical option prices based on the underlying's last price. It's not
necessary to go thru the web with this system because the AN pager
company has a toll free number to access the pager after a simple logon
using a 1200 baud modem and a short script.

I'd like to collaborate with anybody who would like to set up such a system.

Ted