Re: Gaps: A Trading Tip? A TS programming challenge?

See attached system.  I have written the number of bars that the gap is
required to be in place as an input to allow optomization.  With GapLen set
to 3 the system works as follows.  In the case of the buy signal the system
checks first to see if the low 3 bars ago is greater than the high 4 bars
ago.  If this is the case a gap has occured and the OKtoBuy variable is set
to true.  The program then checks the lows on each of the subsequent bars.
If the low on any of the subsequent bars is less than the high on bar 4 then
OKtoBuy is set to false.  If after all checks are completed OKtoBuy is still
true then the system buys at the close.

Inputs: GapLen(3);
Vars: OktoBuy(False),OktoSell(False);

OktoBuy=False;
OktoSell=False;
If Low[GapLen-1]>High[GapLen] then begin
     OktoBuy=True;
     For Value1 =0 to GapLen-1 begin
          If Low[Value1]<=High[GapLen] then OktoBuy=False;
     end;
     if OktoBuy then Buy at close;
end;
If High[GapLen-1]<Low[GapLen] then begin
     OktoSell=True;
     For Value1 =0 to GapLen-1 begin
          If High[Value1]>=Low[GapLen] then OktoSell=False;
     end;
     if OktoSell then Sell at close;
end;