Re: PSYCH: Automatic Response to Stimuli

brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I believe that there is a positive psychology designed to help people and
 a negative kind intended to tear others down. For example a good
 psychologist knows when to speak and when to not to speak if he has nothing
 good to say >>

Ostensibly the conversation is about Psychology.....
Actually, the word "believe" and subject "good and/or bad"
are in the realm of religion.

In a sense, Psychology is "the religion" of the secular- ites.
It doesn't work much better than the other kind.

True progress comes when we examine the "belief systems"
that we have accepted as being a part of ourselves.

The question that needs to be answered is: Who am I when
I set aside my "beliefs".

1. It frees me from my automatic responses.
2. It opens myself up to the possibility of discovery.

Allinall,

GerryB/jer33:3
eccl 1:9
learner/teacher