Re: Joe Ross

At 08:36 AM 3/27/98 +0200, you wrote:

>DO NOT TRY Joe Ross. A waste of time and extremely overpriced for the
>privilege.
>
>Patrick Collins

I have to express a totally different opionion concerning Joe Ross. The
only book of his that I have purchased is Seasonals and Spread Trading. For
me it was the most valuable trading book I ever bought. I modified the
trading system he presented in the book and had my first annual profit in
commodity trading since 1993. 98 is starting out great. His system just
made sense for the type of trading I like to do. By that I mean position
trading, not daytrading. I know I am not cut out to sit in front of a
computer screen all day. In fact the less I follow the markets during the
trading day the better off I am. I'm less tempted to do something stupid.
Yes his books are very expensive. Most sell for $175 and I cant make any
comment on the rest because I haven't read them. I probably will purchase
his Optures and Futions book as I have heard good things about it. Anyways
what an individual gets out of any given book is highly dependant on your
own personality and trading style.

Rod Smith