Re: GEN: All indicators lag, don't they?

At 10:14 PM 3/25/98 -0500, Bob Fulks wrote:
>At 7:26 PM -0500 3/25/98, Peter Namtvedt wrote:
>
>>I don't know about Market Profile.  I do have a question I can't seem
>>to get an answer to from other RTs:  how does just price work as an
>>indicator?
>
>I am having a difficult time understanding you question.
>
>I can think of several examples of prices as an "indicator":
>
>  > Candlestick patterns (relationship of open, close, high,
>    low on one or more bars)
>
>  > Inside and outside days (relationship of prices for two
>    days)
>
>  > Various reversal patterns (see Omega "ShowMe" indicators)
>
>All of these have fairly common interpretations and require only prices and
>relationship between prices.
>
>Bob Fulks

RTs

And now I'm totally confused.
First someone says, countering the use of EMA, RSI, MACD, Stochastics,
etc, that price is his only indicator.  Now it seems any measure that
is based on price in some way is an example of using only price
as an indicator!  Did the old basic measures lack use of price?

Pete
petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx