Re: GEN: All indicators lag, don't they?

Pete,
	Hi, some time back there was a round of simplicity pushing on RT's and
everyone was telling what their 3 choices for indicators were. At the time
someone indicated that price was their only indicator.
	The dictionary definition for indicator is any thing that points, traces
or simply gives evidence of anything. So, can price be an indicator? It
does indicate the accepted value of something, so I would say that the
answer is yes; however, for our purposes indicators are specifically
“Statistical Indicators” that give information about the condition of a
market of markets.
	It strikes me as strange that this discussion is taking place at all among
a group of educated traders. If you need only look at price to trade, do
that. If you prefer to look at something that reflects the condition of the
market. Do that.
	From years of being in business I recognize the value of indicators that
can help you plan and prepare for the future. Even a Moving Average is
better nothing. How much of whatever should you order for next week next
month, next year? When I think about it, this is what Futures are made of.
Will you have a large crop? What will be the going price at market time?
How can you hedge to better deal with these uncertainties. ‘Nuf said?

Best Regards,
Brent