TAX - form 6781

Rt'ers

First I would like to thank that moron um...er, congressman of mine for making
this form more difficult.

My question:  As I read through this form I am assuming that I would fill out
only line 8 (Short term capital gains) and not lines 8 and 9 (long term
capital gains) as all my trades were less than one year.  I find the
instructions somewhat vague and it strikes me that I should fill out both,
which would seem to defeat the purpose of the form.  However since this is
going to the IRS I figure I'd ask before assuming.
Appreciate any help or simply what you put on your form.  Kelly