Re: on line trading

I too like Datek. I use the express server. I know there was a comment
earlier about the Java Script problems. Yes they have had problems. But
these problems have never interfered with being able to trade. Just use
another server. Executions are favorable for me as well. One thing about
the NASDAQ orders. You get the inside market meaning you can buy above
the bid and sell below the ask. In fact you become the new bid or ask.
The point you need to be aware of is that institutions through Instinet
can trade around you at your price. Usually there is a reason why they
will not take your order. So are good while others might be mean
spirited.
One occasion I was the bid to buy 100 shares of ONSL. No one would trade
with me, There was a reason, since immediately before the close there
was a huge sell order that drove the price lower.

Now on the other side I was trying to short TSRI 100 shares and I was
the ask. Again they traded all around me and I didn't get filed. The
next day I was able to short and it was filled at a higher price. In
fact I placed the order about a 1/4 point above the ask. They took my
order then move the bid and ask up to attract a few more buyers before
they took it down.

The point is make sure you understand the rules and if something doesn't
work right like my first TSRI trade, then call Datek and speak with some
one on the phone. That is how found out how Instinet works. So I learned
something new.

Harley