Re: What are the basics?

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: What are the basics?
  • From: TNkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (TNkkkk)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 06:51:48 -0800 (PST)

realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peter Namtvedt wrote in reply to Tracy Mullen's earlier post :
 I agree, MACD, RSI and Stochastics, plus EMA should do it.  These make
up the best leading indicators.  I am unable to decide which one
give an the earlist signal.  May be it only works for us daytradesrs.
 ----------
I would suggest that by simply using the above indicators one can develop
and high return, low drawdown and highly selective trading signals, when
accompanied by tools directly related to O>H>L>C> data.

Regards,

Tom Nagle.
Tullett & Tokyo Forex International,
Cable House,
54-62 New Broad Street,
London EC2M 1JJ.
Tel: +44 171 827 3409
www.tullett.com

At 01:40 PM 3/17/98 -0700, Tracy Mullen wrote:

>Referring to this last statement I am more convinced that using basic
indicators such as moving averages along with RSI and going with the trend
along is better than trying to predict a peak.  It seems like the simpler
the system the better it works.  I am interested in the typical number of
variables that are used in their system.

>Tracy

I agree, MACD, RSI and Stochastics, plus EMA should do it.  These make
up the best leading indicators.  I am unable to decide which one
give an the earlist signal.  May be it only works for us daytradesrs.

Pete

petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx