Re: Trading Discipline

At 06:14 AM 3/16/98 +0200, andy abraham wrote:
>Trading Discipline
>
>As traders we constantly hear about Discipline. One of the problems is the
>actual definition of what it really means.. It is almost illusory.. This is
>where the problem begins and ends.. Most traders don’t put enough emphasis
>on this subject.
>
> TRADE DISCIPLINE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF TRADING.

Au contraire, Andy,

Trading partner is not an answer.  I do agree, as most RT's would, that
discipline is important.  To many of us it is more important than the
system we use.

The major thing to me is to realize that there is more than one Andy
(or Pete, in my case) in this body.  It is one person in me that resolves
in the morning to carry out a certain trade; it is another Pete (or Andy)
who has a minor stomach gas problem at 10 AM or for some reason allows
feelings of fear or greed overtake me and we don't pull the trigger, or,
WE PULL THE CHICKEN-SWITC, sabotaging our system.

Overcoming this require introspection of a special king.  I would recommend
a Buddhist priest, never a broker.

Pete

petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx